The OCSPCA Spay Neuter Campaign
The Orange County SPCA’s Spay/Neuter voucher program addresses the very source of the overpopulation crisis that results in thousands and thousands of pets being euthanized in Orange County shelters every year.
Most of these animals would make a great companion if there were just enough homes. We believe strongly in reducing the pet overpopulation problem and we need the community’s help to do it. Spaying and neutering is high on our list of priorities.
OCSPCA Spay/Neuter Voucher Program
During the past year, the OCSPCA has already issued over 3500 spay/neuter vouchers through its voucher program and sponsored a free spay/neuter clinic day. OCSPCA offers spay/neuter vouchers to low income pet owners. The voucher may cover the entire cost of a spay/neuter procedure or a significant portion of the procedure with the owner contributing an amount they can afford.
Why Spay or Neuter: It is a Community Problem
- Pet overpopulation is the #1 killer of cats and dogs in the US with 10-12 million animals killed annually in shelters!
- In just 7 years, one female cat and her offspring can produce 420,000 kittens!
- In just 6 years, one female dog and her offspring can produce 67,000 puppies!
- Only 1 of every 9 cats or dogs will find a forever home.
- Unaltered females have a higher rate of developing breast and uterine cancer. Unaltered males have a considerably higher rate of developing prostrate cancer.
- Pets that are not fixed are more likely to stray from home. These animals die painfully from: starvation, from being hit by a vehicle, or from animal fights.
How Can You Help?
By making a commitment to donate $50 per month for one year, you will be part of the solution by sponsoring one spay or neuter a month. Those who “Pledge to Stop Littering” will get their name on our pledge page. If you are a business, you can have a link to your business. You can make a one time $600 donation for the year or you can set up to have $50 per month deducted from a debit or credit card through PayPal for one year. You may also mail your pledge by downloading the OCSPCA Donation Form, filling it out completely and mailing it in.
[gravityform id=”10″ name=”Pledge to Stop Littering in OC” title=”false” description=”false”]
Click here to see the list of those who have taken the pledge.
Other Ways To Help
If you cannot afford $50 per month, please donate to the OCSPCA and know that your money is making a difference in the fight against overpopulation of dogs and cats in Orange County as well as providing assistance to the OCSPCA’s many other crucial programs. With our discount programs, fundraisers and wish list, there are ways you can help.
Ask Your Veterinarian
You can also help by asking your veterinarian to get involved. We need more veterinarians who are willing to accept our spay/neuter vouchers or who will donate one or more free spay neuters a month.